Thursday, December 25, 2008

Is This It?

So my family is a huge "Star Wars" Family. So we collectively decided to watch episode V (Empire Strikes Back). My parents have this 1980's (I know some of you weren't around then) speaker system that they have running through the dvd player so that you can watch movies in sweet stereo sound. Easy enough right? That's what I thought too. Little did i know it would be much, much more difficult than i had anticipated. The first issue that Naaman (my astute hermano) ran into was the speaker was very muffely if you will, like it was blown. So I went up stairs and got my parents other speaker set. Just the speakers and these are a little more up to date than the others. So with a little work i got them in place and thought i was ready to go. You got it..now only one speaker was working. My family at this point is beginning to get irritated but i refuse to watch Star Wars with "regular" TV sound. So now my dad is involved and my brother has bailed. At this point, Im behind the TV and dad is at the speaker system. So my dad says, "Jeremy, Do you think that this "Mono/Stereo button has anything to do with it?" So he pushes it and shazaam..sound! I felt like a complete idiot.