Wednesday, December 3, 2008

High School......Again?

I've been home for less than a week and its been really nice. The earliest I've woken up is 6:15am, so i am enjoying the late mornings! I had to work at the recruiters office yesterday, we proctored an ASVAB. So we're at this high school in the cafeteria and I decide that i want something to eat. So I mosey on over to the breakfast line and I go through and get a bowl of cereal and a milk. Now, I'm the only one in line, and I'm in uniform. I do have a jacket on but I'm still in uniform (dress blues). So the lunch lady is trying to figure out what to charge me. She calls her supervisor over and she says "Well, he's a student so what's the issue?" I politely inform her by saying, "Mam, I'm in the Air Force." I wish you could have seen her face. Deer in headlights meets Rudolf the red nose reindeer. It was rather humorous. But it just goes to show, no matter how old I may be, I look good!

2 comments:

bhernandez said...

Hey I have the same problem...it's a curse.

bhernandez said...

Time for an update...