Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Last night was the second soccer game of the season, but the first one that i had played. I missed the first one for reasons that i will not list here. It was a great game in my estimation. I started out playing keeper (Bethany, that's the goalie). In the first half i had one semi close call. It was my first bit of action. I told the guys that i did it on purpose, I wanted to see where their loyalty lay. I had one or two more saves in the first half. One coming off a corner kick. In the second half about five minutes in i had to come out and attempt to make a save. I have to say that i am very proud of myself, because basically i cleaned this guys clock(in my opinion at least). I put my whole body into him, he had to step off the pitch (Bethany, that's the field) and i think he was limping. So I felt pretty good about myself. A bit of an adrenaline rush. I have to admit that i am sore today. Playing soccer is different that doing regular PT.

I want to thank Pastor, Lillian, Joey, and Ryan for coming out to support me. It really means a lot to me! I have a game this Thursday, so if you want to come you are welcome to. But please, please, please do not feel obligated to come. I know that we all have very busy lives and that's okay. Just let me know so can brief you on the whole getting in the gate thing. Its not complicated it just helps to have a heads up.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
May the Lord bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you. May He be gracious and give you peace! May you be filled with the Holy Spirit and may He direct and guide you today!