Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oh Captain My Captain!

I had PT yesterday, and i actually enjoyed it. We had a free day and so i chose to play basketball in the gym. There was 12 of so we had to shoot for teams (4 per team). Let me just say this first. I am really not all that athletic. I'm okay at soccer but that's really about it for me. i am absolutely horrible at baseball, and extremely mediocre a basketball. So, back to shooting for teams. A couple of guys had missed there shots and it was my turn. I get to the free throw line and take my highly calculated, technique and fundamentally driven shot(yeah right!). So..i shoot the ball with some form and I make the dogon basket. So now i say to myself, "Well at least I'm on a team." Some other guys miss there shots and finally one more guy makes his. Okay, two down, six to go. That's when the Sergeant that was playing with us tells me that me and the other guy are captains. So now I'm like you have to be kidding me! Not only do i suck at basketball, now i have to pick people to suck with me! So i did what any rational guy would do, i picked the Sergeant and two other tall people who looked like they could at least play. If not, at least they were tall. I mean I'm short, not Bethany short, I'm way taller than she is. But compared to these guys I'm short. We won the first game and i actually made three points. But we lost the second one. Oh well, maybe next time.

4 comments:

Bethany Hernandez said...

BETHANY SHORT?
you must've gotten knocked upside the head pretty hard to type something like that

AF Drummer said...

Oh!?! And what exactly are you going to do about it? hmm?

Anonymous said...

dallas would laugh
you guys are always talkin junk

lisoto said...

LOL, "bethany short", ha ha That is a good one (sorry Beth) Now I have a new "measuring stick" to go by...LOL...i am STILL laughing. So sorry beth..i'll buy you something to make up for laughing at ur expense :)