Monday, September 29, 2008

First Impressions

So I was with hanging out with some friends yesterday and through our conversation I found out some very interesting information. When I first got here these particular friends had not met me. They had only heard about me and my family. I'm not sure what they were told exactly, but I do know that they knew that I was....from Laredo, and that my mothers side of the family is Mexican and that I had red hair. So picture this...a red headed Mexican, pretty sweet right! So the first time they met me they were...in shock to see this white boy with...yeah, you guessed it red hair. I think they were a bit taken back. Their first encounter with a white Mexican with red hair. Who knew? I know that may be hard for some of you to believe as well, but its true. I think that since they know me a little bit better ...its a little easier for them to look past that first impression, of the white, red headed Mexican.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I have red-haired, green-eyed cousins, and they actually live in Mexico. Oh, yeah, they have freckles, too. Maybe if your friends would've had cousins like mine, they wouldn't have been shocked.
:-) Have a great day!

amber said...

there were some semi-shocked looks when Erin showed up this weekend claiming to be Naaman's sister :)

we had a great time!